“At COFICO, we are committed providing a safe workplace for all related parties, including COFICO staff, suppliers and subcontractors, Clients, visitors and anyone around COFICO sites.”
WE believe that all potential hazards are preventable at every project. COFICO, by all means, aim to prevent all that risks by integrating our training, technical solutions and control system with only purpose: work at site and go home safely everyday.
All of COFICO family members must consider those above as our culture, then understand comprehensively and take actions accordingly. COFICO will not have been survived and thrived firmly if those values are not being taken into account.
At COFICO, we have developed a culture that promotes an injury-free environment and provides the safest workplace possible for our employees, subcontractors, clients and others who enter or who near our construction sites. Our mantra is: “Every worker goes home from each of our jobs, every day.”
We are dedicated to elevating the standards for safety in the construction industry through a wide variety of methods—from zero-tolerance drug testing to our aggressive fall-protection program, which includes partnering with the leaders in the insurance industry to develop the next generation of fall-protection systems. Through innovative training and education programs, we also provide our employees and subcontractors with the tools, knowledge and resources they need to increase safety, reduce risk and improve loss control on every project we manage.
We will make every effort:
1. To achieve safety is top priority, core value operation and prevent accidents by promoting occupational health and safety activities.
2. To comply with any Vietnam laws, local regulations and related parties’ requisitions regarding to occupational health and safety.
3. To follow occupational safety & health regulations of COFICO.
4. To take full advantage of all present conditions of technology, finance and personnel to reduce risks of accident; and to make good working environment continually by improving the operation manual, equipment and technology.
5. To educate and train all employees to work safely and healthily.
6. To make necessary communication and cooperation not only within our company but also with local authorities and other related parties.
This Policy will be announced from May 1st, 2010.
Initiated in 2010, the main objective of this program is to help every member be well aware of the importance of specialized knowledge in safety and health in working environment in order to protect themselves and others at the construction sites, and ensure a safe working environment, where risks and accidents are eliminated.
Combining theories, illustrating practical business cases and real-life modeling exercise along with interactions and information exchanges, the training course offers COFICO staffs, workers and sub-contractors at the construction sites updated useful knowledge in potential risks and risk prevention methods during construction implementation. The training is to ensure workers’ safety and health and that they always comply strictly with the work & safety principals. This program plays an important role of promoting safety culture and protecting human resources in the Company’s business activities.
COFICO’s Zero Harm has obtained the following results:
- The Program is scheduled daily and in coordination with customers and other stakeholders.
- Concerned members at COFICO’s construction site commit to strictly implement the program.
- Eliminate risks of injuries and deaths
- Ensure health and safety for every member at the construction site and for the community.
Training program is designed to be concise, content of the program is wrapped in half a day, concentrating on 5 risk level causing fatal injuries:
- Risk from falling from height
- Risk from fallen objects
- Risk from electricity accidents
- Risk from human impacts and equipment
- Risk from misusage or false usage of work wears.
Each class at the center only includes 25 trainees, who are divided into groups to engage in valuable activities such as: encourage trainees’ self-explorations via cognitive games, group discussions and actual case studies. Videos and lecture slides are added for visualization purposes. Everything creates highly-interactive environment between trainees and instructors, differentiating the program from traditional ones.
Trainers at the center are professional safety executives, who have completed special training programs.
Locations and training equipment
The center is equipped with modern equipment and necessary infrastructures to ensure up-to-standard trainings.
Besides compulsory criteria regarding serious attitudes and attendances, every trainee must pass different theoretical and practical tests throughout the training program. All the results will be recorded in the evaluation folder of each trainee
By establishing the highest safety standards of its own, COFICO has built and maintained customers’, staffs’ and partners’ trust